All car news Top five weirdest modes of transport of all time - All car news

Top five weirdest modes of transport of all time

Transportation has a long and incredibly influential history, with the first wheel supposedly being invented sometime around 4000-3500 BC in either Mesopotamia or Asia. This led to the creation of the cart and chariot, which increased the speed of travel over land. Nowadays we all know how transport works, but let’s take a look at the top five weirdest modes of transport ever.

First motorised monowheel, the "Single wheel Garavaglia"
    

First motorised monowheel, the "Single wheel Garavaglia", Amiscar


The idea of monowheel transportation came from the 1860’s, when bicycles were designed with only one wheel. However, the first motorised monowheel was invented at the turn of the 18th by the Italian company Garavaglia and presented at the Turin Exposition in 1904. It consisted of a drive wheel of the outer diameter of 200 cm, internal gear type rack and a rack to hold the seat. There was a steering wheel and 4-stroke engine that transmitted the motion, with belt and pulley, to a pinion placed in the rack. Some historians of motorsport, however, speculate that the "Single wheel Garavaglia" was driven by a steam engine.

Walking bicycle

Walking bicycle, Amiscar


In the first decade of 2000, Max Knight invented this special bicycle: it has very original wheels. In fact, instead of normal wheels it has shoes. This promotes shoes recycling and brings the bike under the “eco-friendly” sector.

Unicycle
    
Unicycle, Amiscar


The popular car company Audi, in collaboration with the University of Munich (Technische Universität München) and the University of Mexico (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México), worked on the Audi A0 Unicycle project. This mode of transport has an electric engine that allows the passenger to reach up to 15km/h. It is small and light so that it can be easily driven by anyone. Moreover it has a battery life of one hour and rechargeable batteries are installed.

Martin Jet Pack
    
Martin Jet Pack, Amiscar


Made by Glenn Martin and a team of engineers and experts, the Martin Jet Pack is the first practical jetpack in the world. The tool realises the human dream of flight, what has always existed. It has a gasoline engine and can soar for around 30 minutes up to 30 miles and fly at speeds of up to 63 miles per hour. Nowadays it is requested and used for military, civil defence and recreational purposes.

Camel Bus, Cuba
     
Camel Bus, Cuba, Amiscar

Most commonly known as the Trailer bus, this transport is a bus formed out of a bus bodied semi-trailer and pulled by a conventional tractor unit in the same way as a conventional articulated semi-trailer truck. Usually they are pulled by a conventional truck. However sometimes they have larger cabs with more space.
In Cuba they are called “Camel buses” (Camellos). They were introduced during the so-called "Special Period" after the fall of the Soviet Union. As of 2008, the trailer buses are reportedly being gradually retired from service in Havana city and replaced by Chinese-made buses.

This article has been written for JT Hughes, one of the best Honda, Mitsubishi, Hyundai and new Nissan dealers in Shropshire.
Share on Google Plus

33 comments:

  1. hmm not easy to ride

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy, but cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. men in black 3!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camel Bus, Cuba the reverse of the USA, poor and smart

    ReplyDelete
  5. true story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually no matter if someone doesn't be aware of afterward its up to other
    visitors that they will assist, so here it takes place.

    ReplyDelete

  7. I was wondering if you ever thought of changing the structure of your website?
    Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe
    you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect
    with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or 2 pictures.

    Maybe you could space it out better?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there! I know this is kinda off topic however
    , I'd figured I'd ask. Would you be interested
    in exchanging links or maybe guest writing a blog post or vice-versa?
    My site covers a lot of the same subjects as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from each other.
    If you happen to be interested feel free to shoot me an e-mail.
    I look forward to hearing from you! Wonderful blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular article!
    It is the little changes that produce the
    greatest changes. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great information. Lucky me I found your website by chance (stumbleupon).

    I have bookmarked it for later!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greetings! I've been reading your website for a long time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Atascocita
    Texas! Just wanted to tell you keep up the good job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love reading an article that can make men and women think.
    Also, thank you for allowing me to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello terrific website! Does running a blog such as this take a lot of work?
    I have very little expertise in coding however I was hoping
    to start my own blog in the near future. Anyhow, if
    you have any recommendations or techniques for new blog
    owners please share. I understand this is off topic nevertheless I
    just needed to ask. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good article. I'm facing a few of these issues as well..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Grand Theft Auto has always, in part, been about having sleek driving mechanics.
    Imagine that you are almost away from the police, but your car
    somehow gets damaged and a couple of tires pop.
    It would then be released two days later in Europe.

    ReplyDelete

  16. I loved as much as you will receive carried
    out right here. The sketch is attractive, your authored material stylish.
    nonetheless, you command get got an impatience over that you
    wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again as exactly the same nearly very often inside
    case you shield this increase.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I really appreciate your efforts and I
    will be waiting for your further post thank you once again.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey there, You've done a fantastic job. I'll certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Saved as a favorite, I really like your web site!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo
    News. Do you have any tips on how to get listed in
    Yahoo News? I've been trying for a while but I never seem to
    get there! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello, everything is going sound here and ofcourse
    every one is sharing facts, that's genuinely fine, keep up writing.

    ReplyDelete

  22. In addition to these, you ϲan get hold оf celebrity handbags аt auctions conducted
    tߋ raise funds fօr social caսsеs. Εach story has a small photo tߋ giνe you an idea of what they're talking
    abߋut as well aѕ a Ƅrief summary. ТҺe most recent addict glorified іn her death was Whitney Houston.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I all the time used to read article in news papers but now as
    I am a user of web thus from now I am using net for articles, thanks to web.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello. Just desired to say how much I appreciate the info that will be shared below.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really love your website.. Excellent colors & theme.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi there, I enjoy reading through your article post.

    I wanted to write a little comment to support you.

    ReplyDelete

  27. fantastic post, very informative. I ponder why the other experts of this sector do not
    notice this. You must proceed your writing. I'm confident,
    you have a great readers' base already!

    ReplyDelete

  28. At this time it looks like Drupal is the best blogging platform available right now.

    (from what I've read) Is that what you're using on
    your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello, i believe that i saw you visited my website so i came to return the favor?.I'm trying to
    to find issues to enhance my web site!I guess its adequate to use some of your ideas!!

    ReplyDelete

  30. Wow that was odd. I just wrote an incredibly long comment but
    after I clicked submit my comment didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm not writing
    all that over again. Regardless, just wanted to say wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello there! Do you use Twіtter? I'd like to follow you if that
    wߋuld bbe οkay. I'm absolutely enjoying yoiur
    boog and lοok forard to new ƿosts.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Every weeked i used to payy a quick visit this web site, for the reason tat i want enjoyment,
    since thius this website conations really good funny stuff too.

    ReplyDelete